Friday, September 30, 2011

Time travel your email.

Futureme is a web site that allows you to email yourself in the future. You can remind yourself of stuff in the future (or "tickle" yourself in the GDT parlance).

What makes it fun, is that you can optionally post your email anonymously and see what others are emailing themselves. A surprising amount of the emails posted are about relationships and wondering if the person they are with is the one, or if they will ever get over so-and-so.

But it is really a practical service. Here's how I use it:

  • Remind myself that on new year's day, comicbookfonts.com has a sale on their fonts in time to get them.
  • Set a date to decide what I'm going to do about that big idea I have - either let it go or start to put some serious effort into it.
  • Remind myself of my anniversary and birthdays that I care about a day ahead of time.


No comments:

Post a Comment